Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Called: The beginning of a series...

It was April 10th, 2014. My wife and I had gone to Nashville to spend a couple days for our anniversary. I was at a real crossroads in life. There was a definite lack of fulfillment in what I was doing for a living and where my time was being spent. I had been a preacher/speaker for quite some time, but there was something else that I needed to do. I just couldn't put my finger on it. I did a lot of soul searching during that trip and my old desire to one day write a novel came flooding back. I kept feeling the Lord giving me idea after idea on what to write and about a month after that trip, I began to write "The Called". It was an experience that I will always remember. The excitement of knocking out my first chapter, all the support I received from friends, family, and people on social media. So... Let's get down to a little preview of what to expect from this book. .. The Called: The Beginning of the End is about various main characters who are at different points in their life. Some have a seemingly good life and some are suffering from the very beginning. They are all broken vessels however. The cracks may be able to be seen outwardly but mainly their struggles are inward. It's all things that we can relate to: loss, trauma, disappointment, failure, pride, fear. They must grapple with these things...and with a hostile world government while searching for a truth that had long since been purged from society and forgotten. Many of them are placed in dangerous situations that will become even worse as the series continues. The book is set in the early 22nd century, about 100 years from no so the story is infused with a little bit of sci fi. One piece of technology in particular has dire consequences for everyone and it will set off a chain of events that will carry on throughout the next four books in the series. My goal with this book was not to be another Left Behind series, but to write the end times from a different perspective. The perspective of people who have never even heard of Jesus in most cases. I wanted to bring an element of realism and edge to the story that could be believable to everyone, yet a fantastic element that would supply the entertainment for people who like futuristic stories. This is only the beginning. This is a setup for the characters and all that they are about to experience as aliens in this new foreign world. Evil is about to be unleashed, but light is going to be unleashed in greater measure for all of those who have been called.

No comments:

Post a Comment